Individuals who have special needs are welcome to participate alongside their peers in any programs offered by our member park districts (Bourbonnais, Kankakee and Limestone).
RVSRA is committed to providing a variety of recreation and leisure choices for individuals who have special needs. We believe that all individuals should be provided with leisure opportunities that allow for performance at their highest level of ability. RVSRA realizes that park district programs may be the best choice for some.
Who is eligible to receive inclusion services?
Any individual who registers for one of our member park district programs and has a special need is eligible for inclusion services.
What is the cost of inclusion services?
Reasonable accommodations are provided at no cost through RVSRA and your local park district. Participants pay the regular program fees to the park district.
What accommodations are available?
- Activity modification
- Disability awareness training
- Behavior management support
- Sign language interpreter
- Observation and evaluation
- Adaptive equipment
- Varying levels of staff support
What are the benefits of inclusion?
- Ensures that all residents are given the freedom of CHOICE
- Fosters an increased sense of independence in leisure activities
- Provides an opportunity for all residents of a community to learn more about each other, to appreciate individual differences and to celebrate diversity
- Provides services focused on meeting the needs, interests and abilities of each individual
- Enhances the quality of life for all involved in the process